Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lucy's Baptism

Lucy was Baptized today!

We knew that we wanted her to be baptized from the moment we found out we were being blessed with her. I grew up Lutheran and Josh grew up Baptist/Methodist which have complete opposite views of when a child should be baptized. Because of what it means to me we decided back with Gavin that we would have our children baptized as infants. However, because we go to a church that follows more of the Baptist views of Baptism we were forced to find another place. We looked into other churches, but most require that you be a member of their church and since we are perfectly happy at Hope I began to ask my Dad if his church would. After my Dad spoke with his pastor, it was determined that she would be Baptized at Bethel Lutheran Church. They were more then excited to bless another baby into God's family. The next step was timing it so her sponsors could come. With Mandy being pregnant and due in January we decided to wait until they were ready to travel. Luckily we did not have to wait too long. Mandy was such a trooper and boarded a plane with her 1 month old to make this special event. We choose Allen and Mandy because of their STRONG religious beliefs and I know they are and will be ready to help make sure Lucy knows God and grows in the word of God.

When I dreamed of Lucy's Baptismal Gown I dreamed of a long, beautiful gown. Then I started shopping (a little too close to her Baptismal Date) and realized that although I wanted one kind of dress I wasn't really wanting to spend the kind of money that was being asked. When I thought I was going to be out of luck, I remembered that I had saved my niece Chelley's baptismal dress that my mom bought her. Thus starts a new tradition that I hope will continue.

The service was just family which was nice because the pastor was able to include all the kids in learning about Baptism's. Here he is asking who was all Baptized.










Lucy's Sponsor's (AKA Godparents)


4 Generations.


After the service we celebrated at my sister's house with On The Border Fajitas and a Cross Cupcake Cake. 

Singing "God's Blessings"

Can you believe the size difference even though the age difference is 6 months.  (Olivia and Lucy)



HAPPY BAPTISM DAY LUCY!!

No comments: