Monday, January 12, 2009

Good News to Share

Ok so some of you have noticed that I back tracked my posting dates. To those who question this of having some comment, then to you I say have a baby and you will understand. HAHA. Anyways I wanted to share in some good news. I fed Gavin last night at 10:30 pm and he did not wake up until 4:50 am for his next feeding. This was very exciting for me. I know this could just be a fluke but one can only hope for a repeat. Right? Also tonight I once again realized how much my baby is growing in size and personality. He smiles back at me and he is beginning to coo. Tonight it seemed as though he was trying to repeat the same coos I was making at him. It was so sweet and cute. Each day he is making more and more coos instead of just crying. It is so funny because sometimes he has to kick his legs and move his arms frantically just to make one small sound. Sometimes he trys so hard that he frowns then makes the sound then smiles. It is amazing. Right now we are working on increasing his tummy time, and stretching his neck. He turns it to his right very well but seems to have trouble turning it to his left. This is common with babies who have reflux. I called the Occupational Therapist that I work with in the NICU to ask for advice and she told us to just get his to stretch his neck to the left to help. I am so grateful for all the help and advice that comes along with working in the NICU. I am including pictures to show how much Gavin has grown not only in weight but in looks also.

These are from when he was 1 day old.


These are from Today. WOW!!

No comments: