![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Friday, August 7, 2009
Destin Vacation
On July 22 to the 26th my family and I went to Destin, Florida. It took alot of convincing, but I won and we drove from Dallas. That is 13 to 14 hrs in the car. Gavin did better then expected and Chelley and Xander did well also. We left Tuesday night at 10:30pm and arrived in Destin at about noon. When we arrived it was beautiful. Chelley and Xander couldn't wait to get into the ocean. While there my mom, sister, and I went Parasailing. We had a blast and it was beautiful. We were a little disappointed when we didn't see any sharks. (Well atleast my mom and I were. Becky was relieved.) We also went on a sunset dolphin cruise and got to see real dolphins, went to dinner at a nice and yummy restaurant, and of course got to relax on the beach. What was even more impressive only 1 person got a sunburn and that is because they refused to apply sunblock the first day. Live and Learn. Of all the people there my sister was the most afraid of the water. See she dislikes sharks (dislikes is an understatement), but has never been to a beach where you can actually see your feet in the water. Since she could see what was below her her fear quickly dissipated and she had a blast. Gavin was not too sure of the sand at first or the water and waves, but on the last day he realized it was not that bad. (the water wasn't atleast. still did not like the waves or too much sand on his hands or feet). Josh and I are already returning to Destin, but not for atleast 2 yrs when Gavin can truly enjoy the beautiful water and sand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like ya'll had a great time! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment