BOX DAY!!!
What Boy doesn't LOVE Boxes to Climb in?
Gavin looks just like Josh did in a picture when he used to climb in and play in the bottom drawer at his age. In fact a week later and Gavin is still wanting us to pull out the box to play. We have tried to throw away the box several times, but Gavin will pull it out from the kitchen. It is just too cute!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
(from your next CUPID)
I had to work Valentine's Night so spent the day hanging around the house as a FAMILY OF LOVE! I want Gavin to learn that this day is for all those who you love. NOT JUST FOR GIRLS!
First he got a Card form Pappy and Grandma. He loved it and insisted on caring it around to read over and over.
Thanks Pappy and Grandma!
Then we exchanged cards and let Gav open his present. He LOVES Peek-A-Boo Books and his favorite sign is Dog so this book seemed to fit well. He loved it but I think he loved the card more! :)
Park Day!
Today although slightly chilly at 52 was such a beautiful day! As long as you were in the sun it wasn't too bad. So I made the weekly trip to Richardson a few hours early to pick up my niece and nephew (Chelley and Xander) and to pick up Cappy. We then headed to the "Bouncy Park". See Chelley, Xander, and Cappy have a name for each park around Richardson. This is very confusing for those who have not traveled with them to the different parks. Luckily Cappy was able to come with us as planned and was able to direct me to the correct park. It was very fun and by the time we left Gavin was shivering with a smile that faded when he was told to leave behind the Acorns that he had collected.
Too Cute!
The 3 Horseman!
He wanted to climb like the BIG Kids so bad.
NEW LAWS!
I have thought that the new Car Seat Laws were a GOOD IDEA! However after packing a rear-facing Convertible Car Seat plus 2 high-back boosters, I am double thinking if I am really going to like this. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great we are keeping our kids safer with boosters/car seats until they are 8. It is just that if you own a car or even a small SUV (pretty much anything that does not have 3 rows to it) you will have a battle to feat several times a day. Buckling the convertible car seat no big deal, but to use the actual seat belts to buckle the others will take strategic placing and order of which child sits first. I thought that buying a Toyota 4-runner would be plenty of room for Josh, Me, 3 kids, and our dog for fun vacations, however this is not going to be the case. We even bought the car seat we did because it was slightly skinnier then the others. I guess the only alternative is to have only 2 kids, or eventually get a bigger car.
I hope for the bigger car. (This will not be for years of course since we still only have 1 child.)
Just thought I would share my input after my experience today so that if you also thought 3 kids under 8 and a small car is PLENTY of room, you might want to make new calculations. :) LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment