The weather in Dallas has been crazy. Or as my brother Brazos says "Texas is Bipolar!" It is warm (or atleast sunny and in the high 60's) or cold and probably going to have snow flurries. So many of our days are spent inside. I can't wait for it to be spring so Gavin and I can make more trips to different parks.
My parents have been helping us out alot in the past month. Josh was really busy with work for about 3 weeks non stop and during that I needed to switch a day or two at work. My parents watch Gavin so I can sleep when I need to work 2 days in a row. (This has been one positive to moving to Dallas, besides many more.)
Josh and I are looking for a home church and have found one that we like the best so far. We know that looking for a church we connect well with can be a challenge and takes multiple visits. We hope to find one soon and begin looking forward to making friends with the people we meet at the church and so Gavin can have a home church also.
We are still living in an apartment, but are blessed to have are own space. We hope to begin the home search here in the fall. We hope to celebrate next Christmas at our new home. We also have been catching up with some old high school friends. It has been great getting to see some of them. We have our 10 yr high school reunion this year and are thinking about going. We will see.
Other then that all we have been up to is enjoying Gavin and all his new accomplishments.
Here are just a few:
-Walks and Runs Everywhere
-Loves to Climb
-Tries to carry boxes and toys from room to room despite how heavy they might be.
-Loves to Read Books
-Thinks all animals are dogs. (Except for cats)
-Hates the word No
-Is trying to perfect his Tantrums. (Despite our attempts to ignore them. :) )
-Says so many new words and can sign about 10 different signs. (Although not perfect but have
definite meaning to them.)
-We still keep him rear facing in his Car Seat due to the safety recommendations. He doesn't
seem to mind. Josh can't wait to turn him around though since the convertible seats take up
more room rear-facing.
-Loves the water. He is doing so well in swim class and loves to splash in the tub. He tries to blow
bubbles but just ends up drinking the water.
Time for Cute Pics:
Fun in the Tub!
Fun at Cappy and Nana's!
Cute Boy! Starting to understand the phrase "Cheese" and to smile at the camera.
Fun at the Wiggly Play Center on a Rainy Day. I am sure I was getting strange looks being 28 and climbing in the child's play area. :)
Loved the Slide!
Cousin Kaylee's Birthday Party. Hitting a Pinata looked like fun from far away, but up close and personal could be a different story. Maybe Gavin has animal cruelty issues? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment