![]() |
| Photo album made with Smilebox |
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Miss Lucy Gayle Hornback
Today was the day we got to meet our beautiful little girl. Since Gavin was so BIG and a week late my doc decided that an induction a week early would be a better idea and whom am I to go against what the doc says. LOL. I arrived at the hospital at 7 am and was taken to my room. It still seemed surreal at this time to be at the hospital delivering my 2nd child. The nurse got my IV started with the magic drugs. I was thinking it wasn't going to take long but it seemed to be going slower then expected. When the pain started to get intense I got my epideral and tried to nap. At this point we were thinking it was going to be a late night. I rested for about an hour or so and then when the nurse came in she asked if I was feeling any different. To my surprise when checked I was fully dilated. YEAH!!!! Dr. P came and we were all taking guesses as to how little/big Lucy was going to be. I pushed a total of 3 times and Lucy was here. The first response by all who were there (my mom, my sister, Josh, and the 3 nurses present) when the head was out was "look at those cheeks!" When I heard this I really started thinking that I was having a big baby and sure enough she shocked everyone with her size of 8 lb 8 oz. 2 ounces bigger than her brother! My doc said that when/if I have a 3rd we might want to consider maybe even 2 weeks earlier since she was even bigger and had minor shoulder dystocia (meaning once the head was out her shoulders got kind of stuck and needed some help being pushed out from the nurses pushing on my belly). Over all my experience was GREAT!!! I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful GIRL and dressed her up as soon as I could in pink. In comparison to Gavin she is a much better sleeper and I have been able to nurse her this time so far. Here are her pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment