Friday, August 5, 2011

ONE...

Wow a month has already passed since Lucy has joined our family. It has been fun having a girl. Even with how tired I am I wouldn't trade a single day with anyone. I LOVE being a mom of 2 and LOVE watching Gavin interact with Lucy. Here's a recap of how our lives have been. Lucy is a GREAT sleeper. In fact she was more interested in sleeping that I didn't know she wasn't getting enough milk from me. At 2 weeks Lucy hadn't quite gained back her birth weight so thus began mult. Lactation consults and the 2-3 hour regime of nursing, pumping, and bottle feeding (or using an SNS which only lasted maybe a week before I tossed it). At 3 weeks we made it to the top of the hill when she weighed in at 8 lbs 11 oz. I still had to keep to the pumping and nursing regime to make sure and keep my supply up. I also have been on several herbal and prescription (which I ordered from Europe since I couldn't get a script) meds that are used to increase my milk supply. I think that they are working but still not at full capacity.

We have also had some very fun out of state visitors. Grampa Thomson & Joan from Minnesota and Allen & Mandy from Colorado. My grandparents only come to Texas 1 time a year (if we're lucky). I am so glad that they got to meet Lucy and
see Gavin. They were in Dallas for about 4 days before heading back. Then about a week later my brother Allen and sis-in -law Mandy came to meet Lucy. I am so excited for them as they are also expecting a baby in January. Gavin had fun playing with all the visitors too. He didn't seem to mind the attention Lucy received as long as they gave him some attention too.

Here are Lucy's Stats:

Weight: About 9 lb 11 oz
Length: 20.5 (at 2 weeks)
Eating Pattern: Every 2-3 hr during the day and every 3-4 hrs at night.
Sleeping Pattern: Every minute in between.

Now for the fun! Picture Overload!


Grampa and Joan with the Great Grandkids
Sibling Fun

Mimi and Lucy

Lucy meeting her new cousin Noah Brazos. He wasn't much of a fan.

Nanny and Lucy

COUSINS

Aunt Mandy

Uncle Allen

It's so tiring to be this cute.

Gavin having fun with his buddies Mason & Carter

Working on her tan


Gavin helping with Lucy's 1st home bath




Gavin & Daddy Playtime




Mommy and her girl


Poolside Fun







Ducky Girl
1st Smiles


1 Month old


No comments: