Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nine

That is the age you are today. 9 months old. Where has the time gone? You are growing so big and are becoming more cute/beautiful each day. I do miss the little newborn/snuggly little baby you were, but it is so much fun to see the new things that you can do each day.

You are able to crawl, well really army crawl and can surprisingly move really fast this way too. You can go from sitting to crawling and crawling to sitting. You have started to show interest in pulling up on things to. You love to practice walking while Daddy or I hold your hands.

You will eat anything that is put in front of you, or anyone else for that matter. If someone else is eating you are will grunt or squeal that you want some. You've tried cake and can't get enough of it. I think we are going to have to watch your sweet tooth. In face speaking of teeth you have 6! (4 top, 2 bottom) You love to eat and have a very specific feeding schedule you like to keep to and let us know if we are off.

7:15 4oz bottle
8:15-8:30 Breakfast
10:30 4oz bottle
11:30 Lunch (this is one of the times that can be flexible. sometimes you will hold off till 12:30 if I give you a few more oz. of formula or some snacks.)
4:00 4 oz. bottle
5:00 Dinner
6:45 8 oz bottle

You feed yourself finger foods and can be VERY messy. (spaghetti especially) You are learning to drink from a sippy cup, but you still prefer your bottles. :)

You sleep so much better then your brother did. (sorry Gavin, I know you will read this one day but you really were never a good napper) Daddy and I are so impressed that we can put you to bed awake and you'll put yourself to sleep. In fact there are times you fuss when mommy tries to rock you and there are also times you've lunged toward your bed when you are tired. You have a good night time routine. Bath, Bottle, Paci, Rock/Sing/Prayers, Special Blankie (silk/minky).

9:00 Nap 1 hr (sometimes 1.5 hrs)
1:00 Nap 1-2 hrs (sometimes even 3 hrs)
7:30 Bedtime


Stats:

Weight 19lbs 1 oz (64%)
Height 28 in. (61%)
Head 43.8 cm (48%)
Wardrobe Size: some 9 mo. but quickly getting into 12 mo.
Diaper size: 3


I LOVE watching you and Gavin play. You want to be close to him at all times and you will ALWAYS smile for him. I Love how much he loves you and wants to see you when you get up from your nap. He can always get you to laugh too, sometimes even just by laughing. When we are in the car you will try and copy the noises he makes and then laugh. It's so cute. You also LOVE to play with balls and with anything that you can take things in and out of. I am amazed when there is something new you can do, because I think surely you are not big enough to do that. I wish I had time to video tape your whole life especially right now.

While I sit down to write this blog I try and think of all the things I want to remember and want you to read later, and I find it hard to put into words how much we LOVE you and how much you help complete our family. I love you to the moon and back sweetie!

Happy 9 months Lucy!!








Sibloves!



Cousins' Kids

Playing nicely together

Gavin feeding Lucy


Cousins meeting for the 1st time

Look at the 6 month size difference

1st wagon ride with Cappy





No comments: