Thursday, November 27, 2008

Still a Preggo

I went to the doctor on tuesday morning. I was hoping to accomplish either hearing that I have made lots of progess or that I could convince my doctor that he needs to be born now. To much disappointment neither happened. I am now 147 lbs. I gained 3 more lbs in the last week. Hugh!! Then I found out that I am 1.5 cm dilated and slightly more effaced then the week before. Yes this is some progress, but I was hoping to hear that I was dilated alot more. Then when I mentioned being induced he said not at this time and not until I am 41 weeks. That is not until Dec 7th. AHHHHHHH!!! I did get to do another weight ultrasound. Gavin appears to be about 7lbs 9oz. However the ultrasound lady kept saying how squished he was and how its not very accurate. Plus she did not give me any new pictures. Oh well we will see him soon enough. When I went back to talk with the nurse about the induction date I was hoping that we could do it Friday Dec 5th. Then Josh would have 3 days at home with Gavin instead of spending it in the hospital. The nurse said that to be considered a medical induct and not an elective I had to be 41 wks exactly. I am wondering why and will be asking this question at the next visit. Is it my doctor, the hospital, or the insurance who makes this rule. I mean seriously what is 2 days. Plus if that Monday is full then I get pushed further. Who knows. I will find out though. What Josh and I ask at this point is that Gavin will come sooner then later, but at the right time. In the mean time I will be asking to pick up shifts at work since I scheduled my last day to be Thanksgiving. I also ask that you all pray for me and some patience. I am feeling very frustrated at this point. I feel more hormonal now then I did the whole pregnancy. Josh claims that Gavin is already a mommy's boy since he is refusing to come out. I have decided that Gavin is going to have my personality. STUBBORN!!!, but very cute :)

1 comment:

Corrie said...

OK, so after watching the UT-A&M game, we know why you're still pregnant. Poor Gavin couldn't bear to watch!