Thursday, January 8, 2009

One Month Old

Click to play A Month in Review
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Gavin is One Month old today. WOW!! I can't believe the time has passed so quickly. It is kind of sad to think a month of his life has already gone by. At the same time it is so fun watching him grow. In fact each day is more fun since he starting to smile and interact more with us. Each smile just melts my heart. (Even when he is awake at 3AM) Josh and I are adjusting to the lack of sleep. I feel bad for Josh since he has to get up and go to work in the morning. I atleast can get up later and take naps. Coffee has become one of our best friends and greatest help. Our schedule goes as is. Gavin eats about 3-4oz every 3 hours or so. Sometimes during the day he wants to eat at 2 hour intervals. Then at night he sleeps for atleast 3 hours and sometimes 4 hours. Since Josh has to work I get up and feed him and let Josh sleep. The 3 am feeding is not so bad. It's the 5-6 am feeding that is hard for me to get up to. I am not a morning person. I am slowly getting things done around the house. We are finally getting the feedings under control. Since his birth there has been issues. We started with the breastfeeding, but I do not make enough milk. (I mean VERY little) So we have turned to formula. Also Gavin has reflux and so we have changed formula. He is spitting up less but he still seems uncomfortable at times. We will be discussing this with his pedi soon and hope to get a solution. The only unplanned cost has come to buying formula. I knew diapers were expensive but I had no idea how expensive formula is. Overall the last month has been great. We had grandparents help the first 2 weeks. THANK GOD for our family. Then came christmas and then came today. Gavin is growing fast. I do not know his current weight and length but he has outgrown his newborn size clothes and his last weight on 12/30 was 9lb 12oz. His next pedi visit is for his 2 month check up when he will get his immunizations. I am not looking foreward to that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're choosing to immunise!