Monday, February 2, 2009

One Day Down

3 more to go. Today went well. Gavin was a champ even when they had to draw his blood. They drew 3 tubes full from his vein in his arm. He got so upset when the nurse was looking for the best vein. I was told today that he does not have very good veins, but it only took one stick still. I even did well, only a few tears shed. 2 of the test results will come back tomorrow and the most important test will come back Friday (they send it to Ohio). The doctor seemed optimistic that everything is ok and the test will be normal. They are testing for an autoimmune disorder called LAD. If left undetected can be deadly so I am glad the pedi is being cautious. I am still a little nervous but praying is helping to keep me calm and collect. Thank you everyone for the prayers. Gavin, Josh, and I truly appreciate it. Tomorrow he sees the pedi surgeon to have the cord remove. I am very curious on how this is done. I will keep everyone posted. When we got home Gavin had fun cooing and having tummy time. Once again, tummy time lasted about 3 mins before he was done with it though.

Yesturday Gavin, Josh, and I watched the superbowl with our Sunday School class. It was a blast. Gavin stayed awake almost the entire time. In fact he only slept for a total of 2-3 hours yesturday all together and therefore slept from 11 to 6 last night. Gavin even got to see his buddy Beckett. Gavin just stared at him with amazment while Beckett thought the lights where more at the time. Overall we all had a great time. Thank you to Lydia and Chris for hosting. There house was so beautiful.

1 comment:

Mary said...

thinking about y'all today - good luck!